Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I saw this on my sister in law's blog, and I thought hey why not! It'll be fun!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely Wrapping paper because then you get the "Tearing open the presents like crazy on Christmas morning" effect.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I've only had a real tree twice in my life, and both times they were more work and hassle than they were worth. I'd prefer just a nice artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? We put ours up in our new house just last weekend, but we're going to leave it up for a while after Christmas, just to make up for it!
4. When do you take the tree down? We probably won't be taking it down until after our cruise in January, just cause we'll be too busy.
5. Do you like eggnog? I'm not much of a fan, but I usually drink it once during the season/
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Some of my favorite gifts have been when I was an adult, but I got child gifts, like the year we all got laser tag games, and played Christmas morning. Or last year when I got footy pajamas that were my size!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet, but I would like one eventually.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I haven't even shopped yet, so I don't know!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Nephews
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Since we will be sending out our thank you cards in a few weeks, we aren't doing either email or Christmas cards, but I do like receiving Christmas cards and keeping track of friends and family.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I can remember any bad gifts, I remember getting a bike one year but there was snow outside so I couldn't ride it. I was pretty bummed about that....
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppet Christmas Carol, always a good one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm going to start today actually! Hopefully I'll get a lot of things that I need.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I sometimes recycle those neighborhood gifts you get sometimes, but usually I give them to work friends or people who won't really know I'm recyling.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? We usually get those Clementine oranges, which are delicious! But I love those home made caramels, I remember making them one year, and they weren't cooked enough and it was quite a mess...
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? This year on our very own tree we put clear, which I prefer, and then blue lights. It looks very cool!
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have so many favorites it's hard to decide. I like the cheesy pop songs like "All I want for Christmas is you" and others like that, but I also love the parody of 12 days of Christmas called "The 12 things of Christmas that are such a pain to me" That is a funny one, if you've never heard it I recommend finding a copy!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I'm very excited that our first Christmas we get to spend Christmas morning with just each other. We will be seeing my parents earlier on Christmas Eve, and then going to his parents, then to our own house. Christmas morning we'll do our own little thing, and then going to his parents for Breakfast and opening presents with them, and then come into town to spend the rest of the day with them. It'll be awesome!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course silly!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We couldn't find a star that we really liked, but Kym said how they have a Bow on top of theirs, and I think I might have to steal that idea!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Definitely Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people don't realize the purpose of this holiday. You see it lots with people who have been commercialized by this holiday and don't realize that this season is about the birth of our Savior, who without we wouldn't have anything to begin with. It's frustrating when even family gets caught up in worldly things or get their noses bent out of shape, when in reality they should just be excited that we get to see each other and be together. I'm just looking forward to being with my family and staring my married life out right.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love the traditional round Christmas Balls, I think eventually I'll have a tree specifically with just those on it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mike told me that his family usually does pizza on Christmas Eve, which I think it a fun tradition! I'm not sure what my family will do for Christmas day dinner, but I know it'll be fantastic!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want our kitchen to be done and all of the tools moved back into the garage. I also want scriptures with my new last name on them. Plus some wonderful surprises from my cute husband!
26. Favorite Christmas tradition? I have great memories of my dad reading us stories on Christmas Eve and then we each get to pick a place for our stockings to sit. I'm hoping that my dad will read those stories again this year too!
27. Tag 5 people - Anyone and Everyone who wants to do it, it's really fun!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Kym said...

Aren't Blogs fun! I love these questionnaire things - you find out so much about people!! Love ya.